Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Perfect Macro Moment

Driving down the hill from the high school this morning, I could see the town laid out before me. A few landmarks stood out: the blue roof of the Casa de Flecha, the old brick building with the wooden top story sitting next to the railroad spur that I haven't identified yet. For no particular reason I was just filled with a great affection for my new home, literally as though I had in the moment before been an empty glass and some large hand* had poured and filled me with fondness. Since I didn't have a camera I will have to make do with this mental snapshot of Socorro on a late winter morning, seen from high on a hill, with M mountain behind, and in the distance more mountains.

*No, not "God" for pity's sake. It's a metaphor.

2 comments:

Ron Bloomquist said...

No Camera!!??

What happened? You used to have a camera! I remember. You posted those great shots of culverts!!

I sure hope you can get one soon. Maybe you could buy one using all that money shrub is going to give us to boost the Chinese economy.

oops. Sorry. Let's not get political. :-(

Suzanne44 said...

I should have said, no camera with me at the time ;)

I don't mind getting political, though, especially if we can cut down a shrub or two...