Monday, November 12, 2007

fiddling around

Sick kiddo today, so we are at home. She is mostly sleeping, and I am mostly sitting on my front porch drinking coffee and admiring the view, which looks like this:



Also, I'm foolng around with my fiddle, which looks like this:



Last Friday night, the girls went to the football game and took a picture of the Socorro High School Warriors in all their costumed glory, looking like this:



And the marching band:



Last Thursday I went out near the Very Large Array to begin an Oral History of an old cowboy named Bob Lee. His place was orginally homesteaded in the early part of last century, and his well is the orginal well dug by the original homesteader, and this windmill probably dates from the 1920s or so -



I do love an old windmill.

3 comments:

Ron Bloomquist said...

Woo Hoo!

Great photos from around your casa.

I really like the view from you porch!

I'm gonna have to Google Socorro and see where it is located.

Thanks!

Ron Bloomquist said...

For some reason I seem to forget to put the r on the end of you.

Gittin old!

Spike said...

Yep, nice view. Lovely windmill photo as well, beautiful luminous tones.